Sports Massage Therapy focuses on the maintaining and/or rehabilitating of the body’s soft tissue for optimal performance in any sport or activity. Techniques such as myofascial release, joint mobilizations and deep tissue massage are all utilized in a treatment session for the best results.
- Myofascial release can help improve tissue pliability and movement
- Joint mobilizations can help restore normal joint mobility
- Deep tissue massage can help target the deeper layers of tissue to reduce muscle tonicity
It is highly recommended for individuals and athletes that want to perform to their fullest potential to keeping the muscles, tendons and ligaments healthy and mobile.
Cupping therapy is a modality where local suction is created on the skin for a therapeutic effect. There are several different benefits of cupping such as increasing local circulation to the affected areas, improving the pliability of soft tissues and freeing up fascial restrictions in the body.
- Cupping therapy can help improve local circulation to the area
- Decrease muscle hypertonicity and tone of muscle
- Provides a deep myofascial release to target deeper layers of tissues
Ideal for anybody experiencing general muscle soreness and high muscle tone and dysfunctions such as general neck, shoulder and back pain.
Scraping is a technique known as a soft tissue instrument-assisted mobilization and is designed to help break down scar tissue and adhesions along with fascial restrictions. It is perfect for anybody experiencing chronic pains such as tendonitis and injuries that are scar tissue related.
- Scraping can help break down scar tissues and adhesions
- Increases plability of the soft tissues such as muscles, tendons and ligaments
- Aids in restoring range of motion, eliminating pain and restoring normal function
Ideal for conditions that are related to scar tissue and myofascial restrictions from previous injuries.
Joint mobilizations are techniques designed to help restore and improve normal joint movement and function. These techniques target the synovial joint to achieve a therapeutic effect that can help decrease pain and promote more blood flow to the area.
- Joint mobilizations help restore and/or improve joint movement
- Improving the movement quality of the joint
- Reducing the level of pain or discomfort of injury
Ideal for individuals experiencing pain and/or restrictions in the joint. Can help with conditions such as general neck, shoulder and back pain.